Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Tea Cosy from four square blocks - finished!

I chose some heavy taffeta like fabric for the bottom trim, machine stitched it on the right side and hem stitched inside. I found a couple of buttons and beads for the knob on top.
Here's my teapot, a bit on the small side, but the handle is quite big. However, it fits really well.
This is a larger tea pot that the one above. I tried the cosy on it and with the spout and handle in the pointed areas, it fitted quite well too. I would suggest that a 9" or 10" square would work better for this size of teapot.I tried the cosy on it with the spout and handle in the pointed areas, it fitted quite well. I would suggest that a 9" or 10" square would work better for this size of tea pot.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Diane,
I adore this idea!! I havve been trying to think of something to use my blocks for! Thanks