At December's workshop there were 12 members and guests present. Lyne Coderre led the Graham Wafer House workshop. Here are some of the little houses under construction: Glenys working on her house.Diane K. concentrating on keeping the sides upright Glenys with her finished house.Sweety concentrating:Sweety's finished houseDavid's sleigh, house and outhouse!The sample house Sugar Cookie House Demo Jean Skinner demonstrating a house using social tea cookies or Nice (Peak Frean’s) cookies. Similar but with the scalloped edge. Graham Wafer Sleigh Demo We gathered around Glenys Davies for her to show us how to assemble and decorate a sleigh. She distributed pre-cut parts for the sleighs and we went to work. This is the sample sleigh. Santa Faces Demo Glenys demonstrated how to make Santa faces using colour flow and royal icing. They are great to make ahead of time and stick onto gingerbread men. NEXT MEETING Sunday, January 18, 2009. St. Margaret’s-in-the-Pines church. This photo below shows the group's work. Each person was able to build and decorate the prettiest little Alpine house and a sleigh to take home. Lyne and Diane K had a lovely surprise for everyone, they had made enough cold porcelain angels for everyone to take one home. (It was suggested that they do a workshop on making them, probably in October 2009. They agreed. ) I couldn't find a photo of our President Lynn working on the little Alpine house, so I've chosen one from the cookie decorating event in November. She's working with Sweety. Next Meeting: Sunday, January 18th, 2pm to 4pm at St. Margaret's in the Pines Church.
- David from Scoop 'n Weigh will be your instructor at the next EECD meeting on Sunday, January 18th, from 2pm to 4pm at St. Margaret's in the Pines. We will be making two small boxes from graham crackers, and heart shaped chocolates with caramel filling to go into the boxes.. What you need to bring:
- 2 decorating bags and couplers
- Tip #3 or #4
- 1 cup of red royal icing. This will be used to "glue" to boxes together and to decorate the boxes.
- Two 500 gram empty containers like margarine or yogurt to take your boxes home.
- Serrated edge knife and board to cut the graham crackers
- offset spatula
- damp cloth
There will be a $2.00 charge for materials - You could bring, if you wish, another colour of royal icing for decorating such as pink. Your choice.