Sunday, April 19, 2009

Baby Competition Cake

CSSA's 2009 Cake Competition was held past weekend in Toronto. There were a total of 48 entries in the various levels of Wedding Cakes, Baby Theme, Birdhouses and Sculpted Cake.
It was an amazing show of talent and pictures of the cakes have been posted on CakesCanada's website, and will also be on the Canadian Society of Sugar Artistry's website.
I participated with a baby cake and received a 3rd place in the Master's Class.

Even with sugar, I can't get away from stitching! If you look closely, there is a patchwork blanket and the hood of the cradle is battenburg lace.



The cradle hood


2 comments:

Jane said...

Hi Diane.. Have lots of catching up to do! The quilt on the baby carraige cake is fab... I am envious of you for this type of creating.. something edible to boot LOL... Luv your work on cowboy block too!~

Karen said...

I saw your cake on CC and I put it right into my faves! I love Battenburg lace and thought it was very creative to do it in sugar!