Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Sandi's Fairy block RR

I'm the last one to work on Sandi's Fairy Block. I've done my job and now the block is heading home. Here's a picture of the finished block and my contribution.
I used a lilac/violet variegated perle #5 for this row of chevron and added beads to match the colour change in the thread.A row of up and down buttonhole with a bullion inbetween.A row of scalloped chain stitch with some straight stitches and beads.I added the "pea pods" to the rick rack.This was a large empty turquoise metallic space which I knew was my job to fill! I pondered a long time over it and finally added a piece of tatting in the "sky", a willow tree and some flowers and fairies. Around most of the edge of this block I did a meandering line of various beads. On my Angel block in this RR, Cathy added a bead chain which I loved. This was a great Round Robin and I had a lot of fun and I learned a lot. Can't wait for another one! This will count for Jan. 5 and 6 Creative Every Day project.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your willow tree! Your work on the block is great.

Então said...

Adorei, Parabéns pelo blog.