Friday, April 18, 2008

Shabby Chic Block

I couldn't stop myself this morning! I just had to cut and pin a new block out of my new fabric. Pink is almost my favourite colour, so this was a real pleasure to put together. I'm very much a newbie at crazy quilting so I don't know all the different procedures in constructing a block. This one I drew out on the back of a 12" x 12" scrapbooking sheet and then cut out the fabric using the paper pattern. It worked really well. Does anyone else use this method? I took a photo to show the block and the paper pattern on my "design wall" (the back of my sofa)! I still have over half pinned but not basted, so it looks a bit wrinkly.

1 comment:

Marie Alton said...

Diane...that's exactly how I do my blocks...patterned...precise. Never cared much for the random "flip and sew" method...too much room for error and trying to get the size right. By cutting each piece to the right dimensions, I know it'll fit and I can position the pattern piece right the way I want from the start.