Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My Bead Stash

I've done a bit of beading in the past but not to the extent that I am using beads on the CQ blocks. Which means I need lots of beads - all the colours, sizes and shapes, so I am always on the lookout. In Canada, at least Ontario, we have some really good dollar stores, one chain Dollarama sells everything for a $1. I shopped at two dollar stores today and a thrift store and this is what I purchased: Total $10. Red and blue seed, brown barrel, green bugle (all have 60 grams = approx 2ozs.) and pink sequins. Middle row has a mixed bag of metalic maroon glass beads and a bag of uneven shaped shot green glass. The bottom two were from the thrift store a metalic green/blue bead necklace and tiny woodden beaded bracelet and a sea shell necklace. The other two photos are a practice run at fishes for my Under the Sea block. The middle green guy doesn't make it as a fish, I think he will turn out to be a turtle! The silver slitherer will probably end up on some black velvet in the deepest part of the "ocean".








No comments: