Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Sugar day

Wednesday afternoons are my time to play with sugar with my friend Verdie. We're working on an order for May 11 for a combined Christening and Confirmation. There will be an 8" Jamaican fruitcake with a baby cradle, a 10" lemon cake with a cross and rosary beads, twenty 4" lemon cakes each with a sugar calla lily, a standing card, and several dozen cookies, half of which will be baby-themed cutouts. It's a pretty big order with not a lot that can be made ahead of time. Today we worked on the calla lilies, the baby cradle, the rosary and lettering for the cakes & card.

1 comment:

gocrazywithme said...

Hi Diane,
I had to visit your blog after you so kindly visited mine, and I'm so glad I did! What impressive work you do with fondant. Very cheeky of you to let your grandson play with it and not tell him it's edible!LOL
You're able to do such beautiful CQ work with a broken arm! Wow, keep up the good work. I've bookmarked you to visit again soon!
Janet in Colorado