Wednesday, October 14, 2009

More flowers...

Isn't this a lovely stitch? I found it in one of my new books, "Three Dimensional Embroidery Stitches". It's the raised chain band and is very easy to do. I was lucky that my fabric was printed with squares so it ended up quite neat. I used Sassa Lynne #5 because it changes colour quickly.
This is a snowdrop and I tried the woven leaves. I found using a long needle instead of a shorter pin worked much better at holding the picot in place. The stem in the book was Palestrina stitch, but I had forgotten how to do it and couldn't quite understand the instructions. I did stem stitch and wove another thread through it.
This is a cast on flower, but the trick is get the petals to lie flat and facing the right way. I may have to tack them down.

4 comments:

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

Don't you just love that book, Diane? It is one of my favourites! You really did great work on everything you tried out of there - beautiful stitching!
Hugs,
Kerry

Cathy said...

Lovely, lovely flowers, Diane! Your experimentations always yield such beautiful results! I must see if I've got that book in my stash. It is definitely indoor stitching weather here! Hugs, Cathy

Karen said...

WOW!! Your flowers are great!

Thelma said...

I have this book too! Can't wait to learn from it. Your stitching looks great!