Sunday, October 2, 2011

Home again....

Well, it's almost a week since I've been home from the Retreat in Estes Park, Colorado.  What a great time I had again.  It's my third time attending the CQI Shenanigans and it was as much fun as the previous Retreats.  There are loads of photos of the scenery, the 8-bedroom cabin, the activities and eye candy on other blogs.  Check out Kerry's here and Janet's here.  


Lesley brought the Sendai blocks to the retreat and we were all amazed at the variety of imaginative designs, colour and stitching on the many blocks donated to the cause.  Lesley is a master at putting together and she had several quilts made up from the blocks.  You can see the individual blocks here on Lesley's Flickr site.   Kerry has photos of the some of the made up quilts here .


I was amazed at the variety of cherry blossom trees that appeared on the blocks and that was my focus with my camera.  I've also included a fir and a purple blossom tree.




















1 comment:

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

Great photos of all the cherry blossoms Diane! I didn't realize how many there were!