Picking my color palette - Now that I have the mechanics of making the flowers pretty well sorted in my mind I want to concentrate some now on colors. I said last post that I wanted...
2 hours ago
|This is my first block of the CQJP2012 challenge. I had planned another project, changed my mind and decided to make a CQ fan quilt and use silk ties and plain silk fabric for most of the blocks. To save the silk from distorting I used the knitted interfacing which I found in our own Fabricland for $5 a metre. I had a few goes at piecing the fan part, and finally used paper piecing to keep it even.|
|On the outer curve of the fan I decided to use a large design, and found Carole Samples book a great resource. I am well on my way with the stitching, but it won't be finished by the end of January. February's block should be on time as I have no other stitching commitments.|