Saturday, January 28, 2012

Crazy Quilt Journal Project 2012 Challenge

This is my first block of the CQJP2012 challenge.  I had planned another project, changed my mind and decided to make a CQ fan quilt and use silk ties and plain silk fabric for most of the blocks.  To save the silk from distorting I used the knitted interfacing which I found in our own Fabricland for $5 a metre.  I had a few goes at piecing the fan part, and finally used paper piecing to keep it even.

On the outer curve of the fan I decided to use a large design, and found Carole Samples book a great resource.  I am well on my way with the stitching, but it won't be finished by the end of January.  February's block should be on time as I have no other stitching commitments.  

2 comments:

Arlene White said...

Looking good Diane, the fan is a great idea, I'm doing fans for my Christmas tree skirt.
The border looks very elegant, thank heavens for those reference books.
Arlene
http://arlenes-crafts.blogspot.com/

Brain Dumps said...

It's design is just great.