Monday, August 11, 2008

Details 34b, 36a and 36b

Detail 34b This was fun to do with the varigated thread, it filled a large space, and I tried to match the thread with the beads.

This is 36a and b.

And I finally found the way to do bullions without having an extra thread. Well, all it took was to read some instructions and follow them! Sharonb's original detail was done with wool, I used 6 strands of variegated floss.

These recent details are part of a big wall hanging I am doing for my living room. When it is finished it will be 4' x 2' 6". This is about 9" wide.

6 comments:

Jane said...

Hi Diane, Am finding lots of inspiration in your Details stitching posts.. Very nice work.. love peeking in on your blog!

Susan said...

I really love your feather stitched seam. Matching the beads to the thread colors was a great idea. The flowers look very pretty, too.

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

Beautiful stitching Diane. Welcome to the webring!
Pat

Cheryl said...

Welcome to the group of crazies on the web ring. Your work is a welcome addition.

Candi said...

Your stitching is just lovely:) I'm so far behind:( Welcome to the web ring.
HUGZ:)
Candi

Ati said...

Hi Diane, welcome to Around the block :)
Your stitching is very nice and I admire your bullion knots!