Sunday, March 13, 2011

Bits & Pieces

I can hardly believe that it's been over three weeks since I've blogged!  It's not that I haven't been doing things, but mostly just finishing up "bits and pieces" and getting stuff ready for the Crazy Adventure in Connecticut coming up at the beginning of April.  
Oh, the innocence of it.  This is my first storage for "lace & trim" from 2008.  It's 10" x 4" and has long been discarded for lace and trim!

My find of the week is this little evening handbag covered with  mother of pearl beads.  There are a few missing, but I picked it up at my favourite store for $1.24, which works out at 2 beads for 1c.
I signed up for my first DYB (do your block) CQI RR.  Six 6" square blocks are sent around to the participants.  The first chooses one and finishes it.  Then they are all sent to the second person, etc. etc.  This is a "tone on tone"  I chose the rainbow:  a block in each of yellow, green, orange, red, purple and blue.
And this is one of those "quilt as you go" strip quilts.  I seem to be quite taken with this pattern since learning how they work on the Ozzie flood relief quilt blocks that I made.  For this one I used strips from men's shirts with the centre strip a piece of silk tie.  I have just begun joining the blocks up with navy blue strips.

1 comment:

Ruby said...

OK so what do you store lace and trim in NOW. Love the bag or beads! I am intrigued by the DYB RR. I've heard of many themes but missed this one. Love your choice of rainbow colors!