The block came to me with Darlene's lovely work. Her appliqued fan is beautiful and brought a splash of green which she echoed in a blue/green ricrac seam below the geisha.
When I first began CQing a couple of years ago I picked up anything and everything that I thought I could use. One of my first purchases was a bag of bamboo beads. Tiny ones that work perfectly in my stand of bamboo at the top of the block. For the "knuckles" of the branch I used a very pale green variegated #5 Needle Necessities perle. And for the leaves a light green 2mm silk ribbon.
Just down from the bamboo I made some bullion chrysanthimums using Edmar Glory and for the leaves 4mm dark green silk ribbon.
The butterfly in the corner is the only one I made when I was teaching myself needle tatting, and i've sparkled it up with a few sequins and tiny crystal beads.
Now it is time to send it on.