Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Chikan embroidery stitchalong



Well, it's completed.  Thank you Anita from Artistic Fingers who guided us through eight weeks of Chikan embroidery.  The finished motif is very nice.  



I'm going to admit that I had a very difficult time with filling the centre upside down heart.  The sample numbered pattern instructs we go down one column and then up the next.  My brain just could not fathom that out, so when I reached the bottom of the first column I wove my thread up through the stitches at the back to the top of the next column and began embroidering down again.



A week or so ago she showed on her blog some more potential stitch-alongs.  I'm looking forward to doing another.





















2 comments:

Anita said...

Congratulations Diane!It looks pretty!
My only suggestion is to make smaller wave stitch filling next time.I know the numbering is difficult but to count the threads is out of question because we don't work this embroidery on even weave fabric.I love your bead designs on CQ.Will come back to read.

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

Congratulations Diane. I have to agree on that final stitch in the upside down heart. It did take some planning. Your color variety looks so pretty and your stitching looks great (even if you did improvise a bit on that filler stitch~lol). I'm looking forward to another SAL too!