Friday, April 27, 2012

CQJP2012 May's blocks

These are my two blocks for May's Crazy Quilt Journal Project for 2012.  Both have beaded sections that are part of Nancy Eha's Seed Bead Botany online course.  I'm also using Miss Carole Samples "Treasury of Crazy Quilt Stitches" as inspiration.  The patterned fan segments are silk tie fabrics, the remainder of the block is plain silk from other clothing.
At the top is a branch of beaded wisteria.  On the left, simple beaded flowers and on the right blackberries and raspberries.  The half circle seam and the bottom seam are my interpretation of seams from the book. 

A second block for May.  The left beaded section is a spray of beaded fantasy flowers.  The seam on the right and the seam along the curved edge at the bottom were inspired by the Crazy Quilt book.


I have Miss Samples kind permission to use diagrams from her book. 


It's fun to adapt old quilting designs and use beads instead.


My embroidery is a mixture of both of these designs.


I actually didn't have room for the cross stitch star.  This is a nice design and would fill a large space.  I'll use this again I'm sure.
I have the templates to go along with the book and I'm using them for spacing. 

No comments: