Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Brazilian Embroidery Traditional RR


This is the latest CQI RR that I have joined.  There are lots of bullions and cast on stitches in  Brazilian style embroidery.  Here are my contributions to Dee's block. 

Lots of pistil stitches and french knots make up this flower  I used Edmar Lola thread.


The outer row on each of these bullion petals have around 40 wraps, the inner ones 30. For these I used Edmar Frost. 

The blue braid was on the block to begin with.  I added cast on stitch flowers in a variegated silk thread, and bullion leaves in a Sassa Lynne variegated forest green perle.  On the other side of the blue braid I added a small fly stitch with pink beads.

This is Dee's block after my work.  Next it goes to California.

4 comments:

Honey Lamb and I said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

Laurie said...

So pretty Diane, I really need to get over my intimidation of B.E., bite the bullet, and just try it!

Ruby said...

Love the ribbon treatment. It really gives it life. Those bullion flowers are amazing too.

Cathy said...

Your stitching is beautiful, Diane, and adds so much to the block even in these beginning stages! Hugs, Cathy