Saturday, January 8, 2011

The lure of a new project.......

.......usually means that I will leave some other project unfinished.  And this happens a lot.  So for me, the only New Year's Resolution will be NOT TO BEGIN A NEW PROJECT without a lot of thought. 

Jack's block

Joshua's block

I love beginning something new, getting excited about planning it, then settling down to sew with all my threads and beads around me.  It's a big temptation.   So I've been putting aside thoughts of new ideas and dealing with several projects that were just needing a few hours of work to finish them off.   This applied to three of my grandson's baby blocks that I still had to bind and correct a couple of errors in the birth information.  So, I settled down to this and have completed these.  Above are Jack's and Josh's.  I have posted already about Elijah's.  While I was printing out the photos and birth information for the front, I made a label for the back too.

3 comments:

Denise said...

I am a new follower.I sined up to do a fabric collage swap on a different blog.Now I'm scared.Do you have any tutorials for someone without a machine?I do hand stitch and enjoy it.Do you work on a hoop?Why don't you drop by and visit with me .I'll get a little tea for two ready while you teach me your art:)

Denise said...

Thank you so much for responding to me and your help.Please come and visit my blog any time,God bless.Denise

Raphaela said...

Beautiful blocks.