Thursday, November 18, 2010

Tea Time II RR

  This is Thearica's Tea Time CQI Round Robin block that I have been working on for the past few days in sunny Florida, just resting up for a couple of weeks before the holiday rush.  The block arrived with Carolyn's gorgeous work already completed under the tea pot - an embroidered tablecloth with the two sweetest napkins.  Cathy made the steam drifting out of the tea cup, the hanging tea-bag and a candy sitting in the crinkly wrapper.  She also added the crocheted party hat with all the trimmings.  Cathy also added a pretty rambling SR rose vine.  Above is the block with Carolyn's Cathy's and my work.

I embellished the top right tea cup with beaded bunches of grapes, gold vine embroidery and silk ribbon leaves.

I also chose to do the teapot with various stitches, and beads.

I echoed Carolyn's wavy rose vine with a scalloped chain stitch in silk ribbon with clusters of  flowers and leaf beads at each point
Since writing this post, I've embroidered another of the teacup and saucers.



4 comments:

Charodeya said...

Very beautiful!))

Suztats said...

Gorgeous work!

Maite - vitoma said...

Diane, esto es una maravilla.

Anonymous said...

What a great round robin idea! I love what you did - and the other stitching, too - it looks so elegant.