To finish my part of Cathy's Bees, Butterflies and Beetles block, I've added a beaded butterfly, a row of herringbone and straight stitches with beads, and a row of pistil stitches under the swarm of bees. I used Sassa Lynne #5 Perle Flower Garden variegated for the pistil stitches. This thread works very well here because it changes colour so quickly.
I'm using mostly Delica 11/0 beads which are the green ones in the row of herringbone, and the crystal on the bottom butterfly wings and Charlotte 13/0, the pink beads on the top wings in the butterfly.
My stash of these tiny beads has grown since I found BeadFX in Toronto. They have an amazing selection.
Knit a Classic Aran Cardigan with this Free Knitting Pattern
-
Not too long ago I did a test knit for another designer that was for a
cabled cardigan. It’s really cozy and nice but it just about broke me in a
ton of ...
3 hours ago

2 comments:
Oh I love small beads. Here in my town I end up buying petite seed beads.
Your butterfly is so gorgeous!!! Very nice job!
Ann Flowers
flowerscrazyq@gmail.com
Love your bugs and flowers! How cute.
Post a Comment