Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Book-a-holic

At the Retreat I had a chance to look at some great books, and subsequently ordered these from Amazon. The parcel arrived today and I've had a nice long read. There's some really good basic instructions in all of them which will help me progress with Brazilian and stumpwork. I want to be half decent when I do the Brazilian RR at CQI in the new year!
Also at the Retreat I was able to trade for these two books. The Ribbon Embroidery and Stumpwork I've already used. The Japanese Fabrics book has several lovely quilts, one of which I am planning to do for the 2011 Challenge (it might be the 2012 Challenge, I can't quite remember).
Here's the one I liked.
And here is a close up of one of the squares. I may not use as many pieces, and some of them may be less patterned, we'll see. When I was in Pennsylvania with my Quilting Guild on a fabric shopping trip a year or so ago, I picked up enough quarter yards of Japanese print fabrics to make a striped jacket. There will definitely be quite a bit left over from that project to start this one! So.....before this quilt comes the jacket!

No comments: