Saturday, February 23, 2013

CQJP 2012 Finished!

It's such a good feeling to finish a project!!!

This is my Fan Quilt, my CQJP2012 challenge.  I love how it looks finished.  What you cannot really see in the photo are 13 extra embroidered triangles that fill in the top, bottom and sides.  These triangles hold a small embroidered fan in neutral threads with either pearls or golden beads.   Here are some of them in close up:
















Here is the link to all the other fan blocks on Flickr:




3 comments:

Betty said...

Well done, Its so very pretty. Betty

Cathy said...

Hello Diane! Wow, your quilt turned out spectacularly!! it is so elegant looking and beautifully stitched. it makes me want to finish my CQJP up before it officially becomes a UFO.

Hugs to you and your family! How is your mom faring these days? Are you planning (tentatively, at least) to come to the Retreat and Utah this fall?

Hugs, Cathy

Gerry said...

Hi Diane,
I just ran across your post - AND WOW what a gorgeous quilt! Very nicely done.

I've added you to my blogroll so that I can keep up with your posts.

Look forward to seeing you at the 2013 retreat.

Take care. Gerry