Jack's block is finished. That is I've finished the embroidery but still have to bind it (I've cropped the raw edges out in the picture.) The two close ups are my favourite bits on the block. The first is a row of long bullions to make a small seam that doesn't intrude onto the photo of Jack. I can see that they are not nearly perfect, but honestly they look better in reality than in the photo. I used Edmar thread on most of the stitching, and it is more difficult to work with than perle, but It does give a nicer look, and is worth the trouble of ironing each length of thread! The second favourite is the patch with the feather stitch filling up the centre with the double cretan on one side the buttonhole and chain on the other.