Saturday, June 14, 2014

Emily's 3rd Birthday

A third birthday for my granddaughter Emily.  At that age it seems that all little girls are into pink, lilac and princesses.  My daughter, Suzie helped with the design of this cake and also provided the pretty model of Princess Sophia.  It's all very well to model bubble guppies or lego men, but getting princess's faces and fingers looking just right is important, and Suzie understood.  

The cake was really pretty, mainly due to the backdrop of the castle, which is a story in itself.  Through my cake club, CSSA in Toronto, we were very lucky to attend a cake decorating workshop by Ruth Rickey from the USA.    

Here we are, my friend and cake partner Verdie, Ruth, and me with our class samples.


Ruth's class was called Japanese Kimono Embroidery.  The technique lent itself perfectly for the castle on the birthday cake.

No comments: