This is my second block in the CQJP 2014 challenge which is to finish one block or item a month for a year, and then make them into something.
This is the naked block with a few pieces of lace added. I'm trying to use more lace than I usually do.
Ribbon roses. Above the roses you can see a piece of lace where I added a small piece of orange satin under the lace flower.
I added a lot of beads and stitching to the two rows of lace trim and I like the effect. The centre bead began as a small white glass flower and changed completely with some gold thread.
This was in my stash, and isn't it lovely. A crochet flower with variegated thread gives a nice pattern.
|A little patch of roses.|