Saturday, November 21, 2009

Monday Challenge - fourth week

I'm moving on well with my holiday block. Above is the Colorado section. I added more snow to the mountains and have put some snow covered trees on the section right below it. In Colorado the small patches of aspens in amongst the firs were brilliant and I've tried to duplicate the look of that here. Below is a closeup of the mountains.
I also worked on the wrought iron railings in the New Orleans section. This was tricky stitching!
These are two needle cases that I made on short notice for the Bazaar at St. Margaret's in the Pines Peacemakers craft group. Just one piece of fabric embellished with lace and beads. I think the monotone colour scheme worked out really pretty. This is one opened up to show the front side.
The front closeup.
The back closeup.
A second one with just one fold, this is the front.
This is the back.
Next week I have to get the waste canvas angel mastered, or it comes out and a nice piece of lace goes in it's place.

6 comments:

Cathy said...

Wow! I love your Colorado scene - you did a fantastic job!! And your needlebooks turned out so cute. The monotone scheme was a clever idea! Hugs, Cathy

Connie said...

Diane, Love the Colorado block and the whole idea of making vacation blocks. It was great spending time with you in Breckenridge!

pam said...

Needle book is very stunning Diane!
So pretty in those colours.
You work is beautiful too.
Pam UK

Shari said...

Really nice Colorado blocks and fantastic wrought iron work on the other. Clever all the way around!

Kathi said...

(Oops, I'm a dingdong...posted this comment on a "Newer Post"on your equally cool backyardigans!)
Love your mt. block. The beading is perfect snow!

gocrazywithme said...

Love the look of your holiday block, especially Colorado! Cute needlebooks, too. I'm so glad you came to the retreat and I got to meet you!